There are many articles circulating on the net explaining how to make money online and earn thousands of euros a month through the Internet, and there are dozens of gurus offering expensive courses on how to make money online effortlessly. According to them, everything is quite simple and within everyone’s reach. I am not saying that it’s not possible to make money online, on the contrary, many make an income (small or large) remotely, but I’ll tell you right now that making money online (as well as in life in general) is neither easy nor fast, no matter what you have heard or read.
Today we will talk about the best methods to make money online both actively and passively.
Active systems are the ones that require continuous work to generate that income. For example: setting up an online store (selling products, shipping, customer service, etc.), translating texts, teaching online, etc.
Passive systems for online income are those that do not require continuous work to generate income. Once the product is created, no further work is required. These include YouTube videos, blog articles, e-books, online courses, etc. (once created, they need no further work and continue to generate money over time). This method is the one that everyone dreams of.
Micro-jobs to make money online
Earning money online by doing small jobs is one of the most popular ways to make money from home.
These are platforms that offer compensation for doing simple mini-jobs online. They are generally known as GPT (Get Paid To) websites, which translates to get paid for doing various activities, such as: Watching videos, taking surveys, rating images, reviewing other websites, etc.
Do not think that you can get rich from online jobs, but if you invest some time, you can scrape something together.
The websites I present are free and usually work anywhere in the world.
Picoworkers is a website where you can make money from anywhere in the world with simple tasks, as it has no country restrictions. Anyone who has a device connected to the Internet can earn money from home without having any special knowledge.
On Picoworkers, jobs are posted by other users and are also very easy to do. We can find paid jobs starting at $0.02, some jobs are as simple as following a Facebook page or registering on a particular website. For example, a blog owner needs visits to get started, so the requested task might be something like, “Visit this blog and click on three different articles.” The user performs the task and uploads screenshots to prove they have done the work, and a few days later you get your payment for the 3 clicks.
Rocket GPT, is a very recent website, through which you can earn money in various ways. The most interesting section is the “Earn Astros” section, which is in turn divided in offers, surveys and videos. Astros is the name for the points that you can later exchange for gift cards
- Offers. In this category we can find external activity panels with which we can earn Astros. The available panels are Wannads, Admantium, Peanutlabs, Offertoro, Adscenmedia, AdgateMedia, Enlignesurveys and Lootable. Offertoro alone has more than 70 activities available.
- Surveys. Paid surveys are often the first way to make money online when entering the world of digital money making. At Rocket GPT you can find various external panels like Yuno and OpinionSurveys, where you can collect Astros on a daily basis.
- Video. In this section you earn Astros for watching videos via Loot.tv. To do this, you need to log in and register. You can save the video and watch it while doing other things. You can turn the volume down to a minimum, but not completely off, otherwise you will not get paid.
King of Prizes is a multitasking platform that allows you to earn money online in various ways and also participate in completely free lotteries. It is available for all countries and users over 16 years old can win money and participate in lotteries for free. Once you have registered, I recommend you to carefully read the small guide that appears once you have created your account and then go to the EARN KOINS and CLICKS section to find the first paid ads.
Timebucks is a very comprehensive multitasking platform. It was launched in early 2017 and still pays out on time. And most importantly, it is available in all countries.
Since the inception of Timebucks, they have kept introducing their own sections. There are now more than 10 ways to earn money online, collected on one platform:
Surveys – here we can find several survey platforms with more than 20 external panels like SaySoForGood, Peanut Lab or Pollfish. I recommend you to visit these platforms daily to see if new questionnaires are available.
Content – in this section you will find as many options as possible. Here we are talking about earning money by visiting sites and performing the action we are asked to do. In this section we can find the following categories:
- Night Fall News
- Push clicks
Tasks, is the famous “Future eight” outdoor panel, formerly known as Crodwflower.
Signups (registrations), in this section you earn by signing up on different websites. Each website is different, so each registration is different.
Tik Tok, to earn money with Tik Tok you need to have at least 1000 followers and 4 posts. You will need to enter your username and create your account. Once you are approved, you can earn income thanks to this social network
Refer, Timebucks has a referral system through which you can earn commissions.
Offerwalls, here we find the classic outdoor panels with many available offers. The most popular panels are OfferToro, Wannads and Personaly.
Aliexpress, in collaboration with the giant Alibaba, has also recently introduced a form of cashback. You get cashback every time you shop at Aliexpress.
Clickworker is a platform where you can earn money online for completing tasks, mostly in English. Clickworker is a website you should always have with you to earn money online.
This is a platform where the more time you spend there, the more money you make while there are still assets. It is one of the longest running platforms of its kind on the market. .
It is a site that offers mini-jobs, that is, activities where you can make money in different ways, such as translating texts and creating search results. Do not expect a site where you will see only ads.
It is possible that when you select ‘Italy’ as the country, you will see the message “Registration not allowed”. This does not mean that this is permanent. It could be temporary because there are too many registrations in Italy at the moment or simply because they need people from other countries at the moment. I suggest you try again after a few weeks.
The platform is only available in English and German, but you can use the translator.
After you confirm your account, you need to start the language tests. The English tests are the ones that will decide if you can work with it. In the Assessments section, tests are available based on the country you are in.
To be able to work with Clickworker, you need to pass the tests with 85% correct answers. If you do not pass them, you are out. So I suggest you take the test at your leisure and maybe get help not only from the translator but also from someone who knows more than you.
PointsPrizes, is a cross-platform platform where you can earn money in various ways, such as playing games, taking surveys, testing applications and watching videos. It can be used from anywhere in the world, but users from the US, Canada, UK and Australia earn more.
PointsPrizes is in English, but it is easy and intuitive to use. We can also change the language by right-clicking and then selecting ‘translate’
There are many ways to earn:
- Participate in surveys
- Play online
- Watch videos
Offernation is a multitasking site where anyone can earn money online, as
but you must be of age to register
At first, it is difficult to navigate among the many options offered to generate income, either in the form of money or in the form of points that can be exchanged for cash.
Through this platform it is possible to access:
- Paid Surveys, you will be pleasantly surprised at how many survey forums there are. After all, it would be strange if you could not take at least one survey a day.
- Offerwalls, browsing all the available offer panels, takes some time. There are typical offers like Offertoro, Adgate or Wannads (among others). They range from surveys to app downloads.
Make money online by watching ads
Earning money online by watching advertisements is one of the first ways to make money online. The system is completely free and users from all over the world have access to most platforms.
Advertisers pay for placing ads on a particular platform and part of this money is passed on to the users who view the ads.
Below I will tell you the best platforms that offer this service, where you earn money mainly by viewing ads for a few seconds.
Sometimes these websites also offer other ways of earning money, such as filling out surveys, completing simple tasks, and so on.
Clipclaps is an application that allows you to make money by watching videos on your cell phone. And you can request a refund for what you have earned since the first day you started using it.
It offers $1 as a gift to new users who download the app with an invitation code and allows you to cash out without having watched any videos yet.
Current Cash allows you to earn money by listening to music through Spotify.
It is an application for the phone that allows you to listen to streaming music and earn money for it. I included it in this list because there is an area where you can see ads while listening to music.
It works quite similar to typical music streaming apps, again you can choose the genre and type of music you prefer.
Gift Hunter Club, this site is the big brother of King Of Prizes. Pay (via Paypal) to see ads and promotions, as well as participate in surveys and other things. It has been active around the world since 2011.
This site has several positive aspects, including the fact that you only need to be 14 years old to earn money, and that you get a $1 welcome gift when you register.
Neobux is the website par excellence, the most widespread and the most followed in the world. Its 15 years of presence in the market are the best guarantee.
Since 2007, you can use it to earn money online, mainly by watching ads and advertisements. It works in all countries of the world and can be redeemed if you have accumulated at least $2.
Socpublic, is a Russian platform that pays in rubles and where your activity is richly rewarded.
It is possible to earn money in various ways. Do not be put off by the fact that when you enter the site everything is written in Russian. You can, by right-clicking, select the ‘Translate to English’ function
Make money online with affiliate marketing
It is a method that requires little knowledge, the investment is almost zero and the earning potential is very high.
In my opinion, the affiliate marketing is definitely one of the easiest and cheapest ways for any beginner to earn an income.
It requires no special knowledge, the economic investment is almost zero and the potential profitability is very high. Moreover, once set up, it requires minimal maintenance.
Affiliate marketing is about building a website where you can post product reviews and recommendations. In these reviews, you place links to other websites that sell the products you mention. When someone finally decides to buy that product, the seller pays you a commission for that sale.
Logically, you must have previously made an agreement with the websites that offer the products for sale. Fortunately, today there are affiliate platforms (the most famous one is Amazon) where you simply need to sign up as an affiliate to start doing business.
For example, if you are a cooking enthusiast. You could create a web page where you post reviews of kitchen appliances with a link to the Amazon page that sells those products so interested readers can buy them.
When someone clicks on that link, they are taken to the appropriate page on Amazon, and when they buy that microwave oven, Amazon knows that this sale came through you and gives you a percentage. And this applies to everything in the Amazon catalog: Books, food, video games, computers, cell phones, clothing or home accessories.
So it all seems simple, but in order for you to make money online with partnerships, and for it to work, your website has to show up in search engines like Google when people search for advice or information on buying microwave ovens. Once they land on your article, they can click on your affiliate link and when they finally buy, Amazon will give you a percentage.
The system is quite simple. A website is created, articles are published and once they are visited, it becomes an automatic system that generates passive income.
Your earning potential depends on two factors:
- the market (the more expensive this product category is, the higher the commissions you will be recognized for)
- the amount of time (number and quality of articles written) you will devote to the website
First, you need to create a website. Today, with platforms like WordPress, this is very easy and within everyone’s reach, you can do it yourself, but I advise you to contact a web agency that, for a few hundred euros, will set up the website optimally, also in terms of SEO.
You, on the other hand, will have to write analyzes, comparisons and product recommendations. Writing the articles will require the most effort on your part. You can pay someone to do it, but I advise you to write by yourself, at least in the beginning, to gain knowledge and practice.
Create your partner website
The hardest part is getting your website ranked in the search engines. In product niches with less competition, your website may easily appear on the first page of Google, but in more competitive (and profitable) markets, the competition is much greater and you will need to employ a whole range of SEO strategies (link building, guest posts, etc.) to be visible in Google.
The investment for creating an affiliate website is very small:
- Domain and hosting: 50 – 60 €/year
- Buy WordPress template: 50 euros
If your goal is to earn online with partnerships, you must first decide what kind of products you want to work with. This is an important decision, because it will have a decisive impact on your results.
Almost all people tend to do research on the Internet before buying a product, to compare and analyze the different products on the market.
This will be your task. Online stores usually do not offer this kind of information, while your website will provide exactly the information the user is looking for.
You will be visited by those who are looking for information about these products, and if you are good in your reviews, they will end up buying what you recommended on Amazon (and you will collect your commission).
You have three options for creating your website/blog
- You could create a website that is extremely specialized in only one type of product (microwave ovens) and in analyzing that type of item. This is called specializing in a niche market.
- You could create a multi-product blog where you analyze many types of products, from ovens to cell phones. This is a general blog.
- Or you could create a blog about something you are good at and that really interests you, like a blog about photography, and among the articles you publish, you could occasionally publish an article analyzing some products in that area. This is what you call an authoritative website.
The third option is the one that works best. If you add value to your content through your skills and manage to empathize with the readers, everything will be easier. However, this kind of approach requires a lot of time and effort.
The first option, namely creating a website with product analytics in a specific niche, is the easiest and fastest, which is why we recommend you to start with it.
The second option is the one that has the greatest income potential, but requires you to invest a lot of resources. Besides, specialized niches usually have higher visibility in search results, as Google considers this website as a benchmark for the topic.
When choosing a product, do not be influenced by what interests you. Some will advise you that if you want to create a blog that specializes in a certain type of product, you should choose something you like because you have to write about it. Personally, I do not agree with that. It’s better to choose the product based on its ability to make money. Because if something makes money, it is more pleasant to work with it. Besides, what you like is not necessarily a good opportunity. If you have a passion for antiques and you create a blog, that’s nice, but those types of products do not have the sales volume or sufficient price on Amazon to be worthwhile.
Make money online with a blog
Making money online with a blog is an interesting option for everyone, in my opinion. You just need to know how to write in decent english and have the time to invest in it. Keep in mind that after 1 or 2 years of activity, depending on the topic covered and the time you dedicate to it, a blog can generate an income of €100/200 per month upwards. If you only want to earn extra money one month, you do not have to invest a lot of time in your blog. But if you want to make a living from it, you need to work hard and do everything right.
Another one of the easiest ways to earn online and create a blog/website is to monetize your pages with Google ads.
To earn money this way, you need to start a blog about a specific topic. Once readers are in the article, every time they click on an advertising banner, you get a small commission.
One of the biggest advantages of advertising is that the reader does not have to buy anything to earn anything, they just click on an advertising banner.
Google Adsense is extremely popular due to its ease of use and large number of advertisers. It is enough to register, and once Google approves your request, it is very easy to insert advertisements in the article (you can do it manually or automatically with the help of plug-ins). Google, for its part, will offer you the advertising messages that best fit your site. Once you are registered, the ads will be published on the website almost automatically. But remember that you can not choose the type of ads displayed. Everything is controlled by Google’s algorithms based on the reader’s profile, which has two advantages:
- The more relevant the ads are to the reader’s interests, the more likely they are to open them
- You no longer have to contact advertisers directly. Google will take care of fishing out of the hundreds of thousands of businesses
Unlike affiliate marketing, it’s ideal to create a website/blog that provides information on a specific topic rather than product reviews.
Website revenue depends on three factors:
- The theme of the page
- The number of page visits
- The percentage of readers who click on the ads
When choosing a theme, I advise you to pay the most attention to the theme, because the theme covered determines your revenue (PPC), every time a reader clicks on the ad. For example, if you create a website dedicated to coffee, the ads that appear will be related to coffee and will not bring in much. If instead you create a website that has to do with the world of education, you will surely have ads for universities and private or online schools that have very expensive tuition fees, and the related ads will also pay very well.
So, before you start a blog, if you plan to make money via Adsense, you should think carefully about a topic for which advertising is well worthwhile. In general, the more expensive the advertised product is, the more the advertiser pays for advertising
To find out the potential of a certain topic, you can use Keyword Planner, a free Google Ads tool, also called Keyword Planning Tool.
To use it, you need to activate a Google Ads account, even if you do not need to launch an advertising campaign or enter credit card information.
This tool allows you to identify and analyze the most searched keywords on Google and determine how much advertisers pay for each click. However, the Keyword Planner provides only an approximate range for the number of searches per month for a particular word or phrase. To get the exact data, you have to pay, as usual. But even with the free tool, we can get an overview.
From each click on a banner ad, part of the amount paid by advertisers goes to you (68%) and the other part (32%) goes to Google, i.e. the more the advertiser pays, the more money he earns.
The percentage of readers who click on an ad is 1-2% on average. So, if you have 1,000 visitors per day, i.e. 30,000 visits per month, you will have 450 readers clicking on the ad, and let us assume that you get $0.25 for each click (this is an average profit), you would earn $112 per month.
However, if those thousand readers visit a blog dedicated to online trading or forex where each click is compensated up to $3, your revenue would be $1,350 per month.
Monetizing websites with Adsense is relatively easy, but the topics that generate the most revenue are usually extremely competitive. In order to earn thousands of dollars with Google Adsense, you need to choose topics that pay well and work hard to get the articles ranked in search engines.
Let us assume that a blog is a tool that, on average, gives you the opportunity to earn a small additional income per month.
Possibility to make money online with a blog
Remember that there are not only advertisements to monetize a blog, but there are many other ways. These are the most common methods:
- Affiliate marketing (we have seen above)
- Sale of physical products
- Sale of digital products
- Offer of services
- Possibility to receive donations
- Selling the blog
So, in conclusion, I would like to answer the questions that I am asked most often:
Is it possible to make money with a blog? Yes
Is it easy? Let us say it is not difficult
Is it fast? No
Maybe you know someone who makes a decent amount of money blogging, and you think that basically it’s not that difficult and you could do it too.
I’ll tell you right now that making money online with a blog is not difficult, but it’s also not as easy as it may seem at first glance. Making money with a website requires a lot of work. Few manage to earn significant sums because they are not willing to invest the necessary time to achieve the goal.
The most important thing if you want to succeed with a blog is to have clear ideas and know what to expect. If you think that working hard for a few days is enough to make money with a blog, you are wrong. Being a blogger is a work of consistency and resistance. It’s no coincidence that over 90% of bloggers quit within the first year. And do not forget that you need many visits to earn 200/300 $ with Adsense.
Speaking of time, keep in mind that writing an average post (700-800 words) takes at least a couple of hours, a time that increases as the length of the article increases. Depending on how big your competition is, you will need to publish your articles at different intervals, from weekly for niche topics to daily for very popular topics.
Make money online by selling corse
Let us say right away that if you can do it, this is the best way to make more money online. In this case, it’s about positioning yourself as an expert (through a blog, social networks, YouTube, etc.) and selling your online courses for a fee. Put like that, it seems complicated, but in reality, the secret is to choose a topic that you are well versed in, that people are interested in, and then publish your content.
The advantage of paid online courses is that they have a high selling price (usually several hundred dollars) and once created, can be sold an infinite number of times. You can offer online courses on any topic imaginable. From courses where you learn to play the guitar to yoga and meditation classes. From photography courses to painting courses.
The most important thing is that you can offer something that people are willing to pay for. But rest assured, if people are interested in learning something, they are willing to pay. But you have to work hard to gain the trust of readers, who will only then start buying your products.
These courses can be sold not only on your blog or through social networks, but also through online platforms like Udemy
This platform receives thousands of hits daily from people looking for courses on any topic. So if your course meets a current demand and is of high quality, it has a good chance of being sold.
It should be said right away that the courses sold on Udemy are not very expensive (90% of the courses sold cost less than 50 €). Udemy also offers a simulator that lets you calculate the potential earnings of an online course based on the topic covered.
Make money online by offering your services
Another way to earn money online is work online. In this case, the steps you need to take are very simple: you just need to register on a platform that matches customers with service providers, and post your service and its cost there. .
The services offered on these platforms are usually quite simple things: text translation, video editing, logo design, resume writing, article writing, etc. But in any case, you can offer any kind of service you can provide and hope that someone needs it.
Your income depends on the time and effort you can put into this type of work. The most important thing is the customer reviews. The better your reviews are, the more likely you are to get new orders. Therefore, it is normal that in the beginning you will receive only a few orders and you will have to offer them at a lower price. But gradually, as the positive reviews increase, you will have more customers and you can also increase the prices.
Even though the prices are generally low and the competition is high, it is possible to earn online immediately on these websites as long as they have the necessary skills. There are also those who manage to earn a living, but generally they are used to earning extra income.
Make money online as a copywriter
Every day, more than 3 million blog articles are published worldwide. There are posts on just about any topic you can imagine.
This need to constantly create new content has led to the emergence of a job profile that is in high demand in the online world: the editor or copywriter.
Working as a copywriter is a quick way to make money online, since these professions are constantly in demand. The only requirements for this job are that you like writing and are good at it.
The earnings of a copywriter depend on his experience, the quality of the texts and the subject treated, but in general the rates are between 3 and 10 $ per 100 words, for an article of 2,000 words you can easily get more than 100 $.
Many full-time copywriters can earn $2,000 or more per month. Copywriters who specialize in creating sales pages are usually paid the most, as they write the slogans and messages to convince people to buy.
If you are interested in going the copywriter route, you must first sign up with specialized platforms that connect editors with clients who need content, such as:
- iWriter, one of the most popular websites. The pay is not very good, but there are tons of customers who need content
- Upwork, a website where you can find a lot of ads and thus possible opportunities for exploitation
- Twago, the number of ads for texts is low
- More than writers, is an international platform dedicated to freelance writing. You have to undergo a kind of evaluation test, after which the platform sends you the offers that best fit your profile
How to make money with YouTube
With Google’s purchase of YouTube and the continuous increase in users watching video content, creating your own channel is a great way to make money on the Internet.
While it’s true that the competition is getting bigger, it’s also true that YouTube is the second largest search engine on the Internet after Google, and it’s expected to be the first soon. This means that there are still very interesting opportunities.
The money you can earn are unlikely to replace an entire salary, but if you are able to provide content that gives users interesting information or entertainment, you can certainly scrape together a good extra income every month.
With over two billion active users, YouTube offers plenty of opportunities to monetize your content. Even though there are still openings, we need to hurry because with about 300 hours of video uploaded every minute in the world, the market is becoming more competitive.
If your goal is to make money online from your video content, you need to plan everything carefully, and most importantly, you need to do it:
- Identify your target audience, which means you need to determine who you want your video content to be aimed at before you start so you can create the right kind of content for your audience
- Find a niche. If you create specialized content, it will be easier for you to position yourself to appeal to the target audience and consequently be able to collaborate with brands in the industry.
- Equip yourself with the right equipment. A good video camera and microphone are key, but when used properly, they can make all the difference
- Work consistently, you need to post regularly while using all strategies to drive traffic to your channel via social media
How to make money with YouTube?
Through the number of views
To make money with your YouTube videos, you need at least 1,000 subscribers.
In addition to the 1,000 subscribers, your videos must have been viewed at least 4,000 hours in the last year for you to start earning money.
Depending on the country, YouTube pays between $0.20 and $3 for every 1,000 views.
On top of that, there’s the revenue from the ads.
If you have reached 1,000 subscribers with more than 4,000 hours of content viewed in the last 12 months, you can sign up for the YouTube Partner Program, which allows you to place ads in videos by creating a Google AdSense account.
Your content must meet YouTube’s guidelines, and only then will ads be served in your videos.
The more views you have, the greater your chances of earning money, but this does not happen automatically, because you’ll only get paid if someone clicks on the ad or watches it all the way through.
When the user watches the ad, you get about 55% of what the advertiser paid.
Note that YouTube will not pay you out until you reach the minimum amount of $100.
With YouTube Premium
Once you start earning from advertising, you can also sign up for YouTube Premium.
This feature allows your subscribers to pay a subscription to watch videos without ads. In this case, you’ll be paid according to the number of Premium subscribers you have.
This way you’ll be able to generate a second revenue stream that will let you earn money from paying subscribers, and at the same time get advertising revenue from the rest of your users.
Other methods to earn money with YouTube
Ads are the first step to monetization through YouTube. However, after that, there are quite a few other options that you can use:
- Merchandising, selling items like t-shirts or items is a great way to make money. YouTube also has its own merchandising section that you can embed in your videos
- Fan donations, once you have built your audience, you can get one-time, sustaining or recurring donations in exchange for exclusive content on sites like Patreon, Tipeee and Buy Me A Coffee
- Affiliate marketing, you can increase your income by promoting other brands’ products through sponsored posts and discount codes
- Copyrights, if you are lucky enough to post a video that goes viral, other websites or businesses can pay you to use your video
- Channel subscriptions, members of the YouTube Partner Program can charge their fans for a channel subscription in exchange for additional content
- YouTube Super Chat, you can use this feature to get money from your fans who want to highlight their chat messages
How to make money online with dropshiping
There are several ways to sell products online:
- Create an e-commerce website and sell your own products. In this case, you need to purchase the goods, have a warehouse and ship the product to the customer
- Sell products through third-party platforms (like Amazon FBA). In this case, you only need to buy the product, Amazon takes care of the storage and shipping
- Selling drop shipped products. Here, it’s not even necessary to buy the product, because you only get paid when it’s sold. You only need to sell the goods, the rest is done by the provider.
With dropshipping, you do not have to shop the goods or worry about shipping. You just need to send the order data to the supplier, for which there are also very simple automated systems, and they will take care of shipping the product to the customer.
Essentially, dropshipping is an online business model that consists of selling third-party products through an online store. This way, you do not need to store goods, have a warehouse, or ship to customers.
The orders are placed directly with your supplier, who then ships them to the customers of your online store.
Think about opening an online store for kitchen supplies. If you work in the traditional way, you have to buy a warehouse with different products, a warehouse where you keep them, unless you pack them in your garage and living room, open an e-commerce website and when customers visit your e-commerce and buy a product, you have to pack and ship it.
Dropshipping has revolutionized the concept of online retailing. Instead of buying and storing all those kitchen utensils, all you need to do is find a wholesale supplier with whom you sign a contract and they will take care of packing and shipping the items you sold in your online store.
You’ll only have to worry about managing the store and providing customer service.
How dropshipping works and its pros and cons
- People come to your e-commerce website
- They buy
- The system sends the purchase data directly to your supplier
- The supplier ships
- The customer receives the product
- You receive your earnings
- Very low starting capital
- It’s a 100% online business and you can work from home or anywhere in the world
- No warehouse and no need to have products in stock
- You don’t need a lot of technical knowledge. There are platforms like Shopify or others that provide you with a practically ready-made online store for a minimal monthly fee
- Wide range of products. You can sell any type of merchandise you like
- Competition is fierce and sometimes it is not easy to find a successful product
- You need to learn digital marketing techniques and how to sell online
- Low profit margins. Remember that you need to subtract online store expenses, advertising, etc. from your sales commission.
- Supplier risk. Finding a reliable supplier is essential
- Returns problem. Even if the number of returns is not high, especially if you have tried the products in person beforehand, you will have to bear them if there are any
Make money online with self-publishing
This term often refers to the publication by one person of books written by another. But self-publishing literally means the possibility to publish books independently without relying on a publisher. The entire publishing process takes place online, and the best-known platform is undoubtedly Amazon.
Thus, not only fiction or nonfiction writers can publish their novel or essay, but also housewives or students can publish books in this way. Those who cannot write can hire a writer (ghostwriter) to write for them.
In practice, once an interesting and lucrative topic is found, a professional writer, the ghost writer, is hired to write a book on that topic for a fee. Once the book is ready, all we have to do is publish it on Amazon and hope that it sells, so that over time it generates a passive income
Self-publishing in this case therefore takes the form of a genuine entrepreneurial activity.
Self-publishing has a number of advantages:
- Possibility of publishing, anyone can publish a book
- Profit, in traditional publishing the copyrights are hardly more than 10% of the book price, while in self-publishing the royalties can reach almost 70%
- Publishing rights, with self-publishing you own all the rights to the books. In traditional publishing, on the other hand, you do not own the rights. The publisher can stop printing the book at any time.
- Niche topics, a traditional publisher is geared towards the masses, so they will be less interested in publishing books that deal with niche topics, whereas with self-publishing you can publish books that are geared towards ‘profitable’ niches
Make Money with Podcasts
The coronavirus pandemic has forced people to spend a lot of time indoors. Thus, many digital formats have been rediscovered and one of them is the podcast, which has recently gained great popularity.
A podcast is a regular audio publication that is broadcast online. This content can usually be downloaded or listened to ‘live’. In practice, it is a radio program that is broadcast over the Internet.
It is estimated that there are currently more than 700,000 podcast authors worldwide. We can find many podcasts on music websites and platforms such as Spotify, iVoox, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and others.
The things you should pay attention to if you want to approach this world are:
1.Target audience, topic and format
The most important thing is the choice of topic. You need to choose a topic that you know well and that you love. Since you need to deliver exclusive content to your audience, it is important that you choose a topic that you are well versed with.
According to some surveys, 40% of respondents think that there should be more podcasts about technology, science, and medicine, while 30% want more entertainment.
Another basic thing is to know your target audience. Who is this podcast for? Who will be your listeners? You need to have a clear profile of your “ideal listener” (age, gender, education, interests, etc.).
2. Editing the podcast
It is important to deliver good quality audio, and for that the podcaster should master all the nuances of the conversation. For this purpose, there are free or paid online speech courses. To improve diction and intonation and better engage the listeners
‘Content is king,’ as Bill Gates said. The better the topic is covered, the more attractive it will be to the audience. It is always important to put yourself in the audience’s shoes and try to understand if the topic and its presentation are inviting enough to make the audience want to follow you.
Once the recording is ready, you need to edit and process the material. To do this, you can use editing programs that allow you to clean the audio from outside noise or cut out long pauses or useless conversations that might bore the listeners.
3.Tools for recording a podcast
Once you have already chosen the topic of your channel and your initial script is ready, all you need to do is get the necessary recording equipment. Basically, all you need are headphones and a good microphone.
4.Monetize your podcast content
There are several ways to monetize a podcast.
- Advertising. When a podcast reaches a large number of people, brands will want to position their products on the show through advertising. Some streaming platforms allow you to automatically turn on advertising
- Sponsorship. This is very similar to advertising, except in this case the advertising is done by the podcaster themselves
- Affiliate Marketing. This is about earning an income through a commission on sales made through affiliate programs
- Premium content. Once a community is formed, special content can be offered to those who are willing to pay
- Subscriptions. These are usually ad-free podcasts. Access to these episodes is reserved for those who pay for a subscription
Make money online with Facebook
We will say right away that it is possible to make money with this social network, as this platform has become one of the largest in the world with over 2.5 billion users.
But it is becoming more and more difficult to make money, since Facebook is increasingly restricting the distribution of external links (most of which are considered spam) and there is also the risk that your Facebook page will be deleted as a “spammer”.
Requirements for Facebook monetization
The first thing you should know is that you can not make money with Facebook through a personal account, but you need to create a page, which is quite simple, because in order to make money with a page, it must have a number of characteristics
- Have followers. The minimum number of followers depends on the type of monetization you choose. In some cases, 10,000 followers is enough, but with today’s Facebook policy changes, it’s quite difficult to make money with less than 100,000 followers. Also, it is important that the page’s followers are not fakes, and most importantly, that they are highly segmented: Country, hobbies, likes, etc.
- Ensure constant activity. The Facebook page must be active to make money. If the activity is low, monetization is practically impossible.
Ways to earn money with Facebook
1.Mention or tag other Facebook accounts
In your posts, mention other Facebook accounts or pages that receive money in return. This is usually done in packages, meaning a fee is set for mentioning or tagging a brand in multiple publications over several weeks or months.
However, you can also enter into cooperation agreements without paying any money, but instead soliciting the pages in return.
2.Place ads with affiliate products
It is about enrolling in programs of companies that offer their products, and you can recommend their products and get a commission for each product sold.
3.Post links or announcements from companies
Sell posts to businesses to promote on your Facebook page. Businesses can be found through platforms that link you to brands, saving you the hassle of searching for businesses. These platforms will offer you the campaign and the fee. Or you can directly contact the companies that might be interested.
4.Publish ads with Facebook Ads
Facebook provides us with a platform called Audience Network. Perfect for getting paid traffic and turning it into revenue. It is a very good way to advertise and promote your products or affiliate products. However, keep in mind that this strategy is profitable only if the amount paid for advertising is much lower than the revenue generated from sales.
5.Place CPA (pay per action) ads.
This works very similarly to affiliate programs, but in this case you get paid when the user takes an action. That is, when the user clicks on a link or performs other actions (registration), etc.
There are platforms where you can publish content that promotes certain brands and get paid for this distribution.
There are several platforms, such as: Viralrich, bpropellerads, Outbrain, Taboola, leiki, propellerads, PAN, Ligatus, etc.
7.Promote your products
Most Facebook pages aim to make money from their products. In other words, the page owner usually has the idea of making money with products or services that they offer themselves. This is the most common way to make money with a Facebook page.
8.Direct visitors to your blog or another blog
Another way to make money with Facebook is to direct visitors to a website/blog. This blog would then earn money with Google Adsense advertising
9.Sell the page
If you don’t feel like working on it and making money from your page, you can sell it. Many people want to buy an already active Facebook page so they don’t have to start from scratch. You can sell your Facebook page at prices ranging from $1 per 1,000 fans to $0.50 per Like.
Make money with Instagram
If you have an Instagram account and want to make some money, I’ll explain how to do it.
I’ll tell you right away that there are no miracle ingredients that can make you money in no time, it just depends on the right method combined with work and perseverance. But one thing is for sure: if you want to try to make money with Instagram, you have to try
In order to make money, you first need to gain visibility. Therefore, the first step is to grow the account organically by creating quality content for your target audience. Before you think about monetization, you need to have a significant base of followers.
To help you with this task, I recommend hashtagsforlikes, which will help you identify the most popular content and trends.
Ways to make money with Instagram
1. affiliate marketing
To make money online with affiliate marketing, you need to join affiliate programs as usual, possibly with a high payment index, and insert affiliate links on your Instagram and get a commission for the sales they generate.
If you do it right, you can make a lot of money with affiliate links.
You can join platforms like Shareasale, Clickbank, Awin, and Impact. But you can also search for affiliate programs directly on their websites if you know them, or search for them on Google by typing: “company + affiliate program”.
Since Instagram has a lot of users, it is a perfect place to promote affiliate links. Regardless of how many followers you have, you can always place an affiliate link in your Instagram bio. For example, if you are a travel or fashion blogger, you can share an affiliate link to a product/service for which you can earn commissions.
You can also create Instagram Stories and promote affiliate links in your posts and profile at the same time. Instagram followers pay close attention to Instagram posts, so using captions to highlight affiliate links is a great way to attract attention.
2 Sell physical and digital products
Instagram has become a strong sales driver for e-commerce stores in recent years.
As people increasingly use Instagram to buy products, features for business accounts such as in-app checkouts, buy buttons, and other features have been introduced.
A new tool you can use to sell Instagram products is Square Online. This tool takes Instagram posts from your feed and turns them into an e-commerce website in a very simple way.
Another option is to sell on Amazon and promote products on Instagram.
In any case, you should add a link on your Instagram account pointing to the sales website so that interested followers can learn more about your offer.
From cheap cosmetics and secondhand clothes to luxury apartments and expensive cars, people shop for all kinds of products on Instagram.
No matter what you are selling, your potential customer is probably there waiting for you. However, it’s important to find the right niche and research the right hashtags and keywords.
3.Publish sponsored posts
Influencer marketing is on the rise. Suffice it to say that over 90% of people trust word-of-mouth recommendations, 80% of people trust content shared by regular people more than brands, and 85% of customers ask friends for advice before making a buying decision.
Simply put, people are getting advice from regular people. So it’s no surprise that more and more brands are turning to influencers to recommend their products.
But don’t despair if you don’t have 500,000 followers. Micro- and nano-influencers are also successful, even if they logically don’t move the numbers of the former, but they’re starting to earn on Instagram.
Since small influencers have more interactions with their followers, you can already get results even if you’ve less than 1,000 followers.
4.Become a brand ambassador
Sponsored posts work well on Instagram, but most companies want to build long-term relationships with influencers. That’s why they look for brand ambassadors who can promote their products on a regular basis.
Since Instagram is the preferred channel for influencer marketing, it’s the perfect place to find businesses to work with.
Niche micro-influencers are often more valuable to brands than celebrities because they have a more engaged audience.
5.Create visual content
It’s no secret that Instagram is a purely visual platform. More than 100 million photos and videos are uploaded every day. However, professional and overly curated photos are not necessarily better.
Users love authenticity above all and therefore pay close attention to genuine content. Therefore, businesses are increasingly interested in publishing user-created content. Simply put, it’s your chance to sell the photos and videos you create.
In the travel industry, for example, companies of all sizes invite real travelers to take photos showing their experiences staying at branded hotels in exchange for free stays.
6.Write ads for companies
Gone are the days when only big brands could afford Instagram marketing. Today, businesses of all sizes want to use this platform to promote their products and services.
But while big brands have an in-house content creation team, small businesses often turn to freelancers to cut social media marketing costs. As a result, they often look for creatives to write for their business.
You can find hundreds of requests of this type on sites like Freelancer and Upwork.
Instagram is not just for posting pictures of your kitties. Since reaching the 1 billion active users mark, it has become a great networking platform, especially for people in creative fields.
Regardless of what you do for a living, you can use Instagram to find clients.
There are plenty of examples of illustrators, painters, video makers, etc. sharing their latest works on Instagram, which can be seen by many potential buyers of the product they offer.
How to make money on TikTok
There are about 700 million TikTok users worldwide. And right now it is the most downloaded app and the one with the longest usage time among the very young.
Every day there are more and more people who are not only simple users, but also create content, hoping to create videos that go “viral” and have many views with which they can earn money.
To make money online with TikTok you need:
Have many followers
To make money on TikTok, you must first have a large number of followers. If your videos aren’t watched, shared and liked, you won’t get a cent. If you’re wondering how many followers you need to make money on TikTok, I’ll tell you right now: not many, even with 1,000 followers you can start earning a little.
Follow the “trends
In order for TikTok to recognize you as a real “Tiktoker”, you must always follow viral content. It’s very important that you follow the hottest trends of the moment. The secret recipe to make money on TikTok doesn’t exist, but I can tell you the ingredients:
- create original and unique content
- choose a specific theme
- adapt to trends
- collaborate with other tiktokers
Now that you know the ingredients, it’s up to you to create the recipe for success.
Do not think that guessing a viral video once is enough to earn.
It is necessary that the videos are continuously viewed and more and more people join your community and give “likes”. Therefore, you need to be constant and upload 2-3 content per day.
How and how much you earn on TikTok
To earn money from posting videos, you need to become a “Creator”. To do this, you need to change your account from the “personal” version to the “creator” version and then switch to a “pro account”.
It is important to know that there are some requirements to be able to earn money on TikTok or to become part of the “Creator Fund”. The main requirements are:
- If you are over 18 and not of age, you cannot earn money.
- Have at least 10,000 followers
- Have had at least 10,000 views in the last 30 days.
There is no surefire way to calculate how much you earn on TikTok. But we can say that they earn about 3 cents per 1,000 views. It goes without saying that a video with a million views will bring in about $30.
You can also earn by doing collaborations with brands, as it happens on Instagram. It’s possible to earn between $1,000 and $2,000 per 10,000 views of a video in which you promote a product.
The “Live” are also very interesting to earn and a good way to make yourself known on the platform. TikTok pays about $100 per 10,000 people who follow these “lives”.
Make money with surveys
There are several companies willing to pay for your opinion and that of thousands of other users. In case you’re wondering why they’re doing this: These companies simply use your answers for market research.
The paid survey business has been around for many years. By accessing various websites, the user receives questionnaires in which he’s to express his opinion about products, brands, services, etc. In return, he receives points that he can convert into money or products to spend on affiliated platforms.
Answering surveys won’t make you rich, but you can earn extra income in your free time.
Anyone can do it, usually you need to be of legal age and you only need a device with an internet connection.
The surveys are conducted online, through dedicated websites, and you can do them from anywhere in the world. The first steps are very simple
- You need to register
- You have to fill in a questionnaire
- If you are accepted, you will receive a confirmation email
- With the confirmation email you will usually also receive the first survey you can participate in
Please note that it takes approximately 15 minutes to complete a survey. For each completed survey you will receive a fee that varies depending on the length and complexity of the survey. They range from $0.50 to $5. Most sites work with a points system, which can then be converted into cash. Payments are usually received with:
- Paypal, which turns out to be one of the preferred methods of users
- Bank transfer, there are platforms that allow you to transfer money directly to your checking account
- Gift certificates, give the opportunity to redeem the points collected, for those who do not have a paypal account or a checking account
Here are some websites where you can participate in online surveys:
Lifepoints, has 5 million users worldwide whose opinions matter to our products, services and brands. For each completed survey, you earn points, called Lifepoints, which you can exchange for cash via Paypal or gift cards. The platform sends out several surveys every week.
Myiyo, is a paid survey platform that is present in several countries around the world. Its headquarters are located in Duesseldorf, Germany. The site has been online for over 10 years. During this time, they have conducted thousands of surveys. The amount of compensation depends on the type and duration of the survey.
YouGov, is one of the most famous paid survey sites in the world with over 8 million users. They offer surveys on various topics: Politics, Health, Consumerism, Entertainment, etc. The duration of the surveys is between 10 and 15 minutes.
Greenpanthera, just for registering on their site, they give away $5 welcome. Every day they offer new surveys. In addition, it is also possible to earn money by getting other people to sign up (you get 10% of their earnings)
iSurveyworld, is a paid surveys site in dollars. Although there are not many surveys available every day, it is a reliable and reputable site. You will receive $5 for registering. The compensation for each survey you answer varies from $ 0.50 to $2.
Surveypago, completing surveys and earning money on this platform is not difficult. For each completed survey, you can earn up to $3.25. The surveys cover a variety of topics: new products or services, websites, TV programmes, newspapers and advertising
Toluna, brings people and businesses together in the largest survey community in the world. You can participate in multiple surveys each week. They say that every user has in his hand, or rather on his keyboard, the power to influence some of the biggest brands in the world
15 Make money as translator
For a long time, Google and other giants have been trying to implement software that should translate, automatically, into any language, both written and spoken texts. So many think that the translator’s job is on the way down. Instead it has never been better than today. The requests for translation services are constantly increasing, and companies are always looking for translation professionals and therefore it is always possible to earn money online in this sector.
Here are the most popular sites for job search as a translator:
- Gengo, was born in Japan and is a website that provides translation services for companies like Youtube, Alibaba, Path, Tripadvisor and many others. There are 55 different languages available. The procedure for making translations is very simple. You need to register on the website (for free). Take a test to assess your level. Submit it. If you pass the test, you become part of the team and you can work whenever you want and choose the texts you want to translate
- Tomedes, is a leading company composed of thousands of translators from all over the world. They work for international companies, academic institutions, government agencies and small businesses
- One hour translation, offers its services to many major companies such as: CNN, Fortune, IBM, Shell, Coca Cola, The Washington Post, Fox News, Tech Crunch, BBC, Wall Street Journal, etc. It offers services in about 60 languages
- Unbabel, translation platform with over 40,000 subscribers
- Scrybs, is a website that requires registration and passing translation tests
- Textmaster, a platform that offers jobs for translators and copywriters
- Acclaro, global translation agency
- Language Line, interpreting and translation services
- Call Rev transcription, translation, etc
- Translat,ion ABC American company offering translation services in numerous languages
- Seprotec, a company that provides translation and interpretation services in many languages. A leading company in the sector, with over 1,200 clients around the worldStraker, large translation agency to which you can send your resume
- Ransaltor Cafe translator community
- Lang Mates, social network for translators
- Eutac, is an organization that brings together national translators’ associations across Europe. It provides information and news for all those who work in the field of translation and interpreting, but also for those who want to work in another European country
Earn Money as Virtual Assistant
The virtual assistant is nothing more than a secretary working online from home. Virtual assistants communicate with their clients by phone, email, instant messaging, or other means. Thus, a virtual assistant is a professional who provides assistance and support services exclusively online.
The virtual assistant may perform the following activities:
- Secretariat, with the completion of all normal office tasks, management of mailbox and telephone calls, keeping the appointment calendar, entering data, etc. It is a fairly simple secretarial work
- Call center, which we have seen above
- Research and surveys, it is about conducting market research, studies about the competition, surveys, etc. All in all, a fairly simple activity that requires only a little practice that you will perform in practice
- Management of social networks, an activity carried out on behalf of individuals who have numerous social profiles and who all need someone to manage them when they are not following them. Suitable for social media lovers
- Managing blogs, in this case the virtual assistant can collaborate with the blogger in both managing and writing articles. For example, if you are a person who is very interested in the world of fashion, it should not be difficult for you to collaborate with a blog that talks about fashion.
- Other tasks, such as: Social Media Manager, article writing, transcription, etc.
To find work as a virtual assistant, you have several options:
Through job search websites, if you use the keyword ‘virtual assistant’ ‘telecommuting’, ‘work from home’, etc.
Use social networks, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+. Through these social networks you can directly contact your potential customers, introduce yourself and describe the services you offer
A good field for virtual assistant job search is startups, for two reasons: First, those who want to create a startup, especially in the digital field, but not only, are much more inclined to use remote workers.
Since a startup’s budget is limited, the method of employing people to work from home allows for the saving of costs associated with managing a physical office. So my advice is to search the world of Italian startups, whether through the Internet, Linkedin or any other tool, and offer them your services.
Make money teaching English online
If you believe that you can teach a language: English or any other language, today it is possible through the Internet to give lessons to anyone anywhere in the world and make money online.
The best thing about teaching online is that you can have access to so many people all over the world, quite a few of whom are interested in learning our language.
Online teaching offers a lot of freedom. You do not have to get up at the crack of dawn, you can schedule your lessons to suit your needs. And you can arrange your lesson schedule according to your needs.
Plus, there’s no dress code. Of course, you need to look presentable in front of the camera, but you can still wear shorts and flip flops.
With this job, you will improve your technical skills. You’ll learn to navigate the various online platforms, and you’ll learn how to use other tools, such as PowerPoint, that could be useful to you in the future.
To look for this type of job, you can log on to a specialized website, such as one of these websites:
Verbal Planet, a website that offers the possibility of teaching more than 40 languages
Preply, another website that offers the possibility of teaching languages
Italki, a website that offers the possibility to teach lessons in many languages
Skype-Language, a Russian website that has nothing to do with the skype platform, whose name it uses only for better visibility. In any case, it offers lessons in several languages
Qkids is a special website for English lessons for Chinese children via Skype, with a wage of $15-20/hour, although this seems to be possible only for residents of the US or Canada
My Tutor, allows you to tutor in many subjects (if you know English)
CoLanguage, offers the possibility to teach many languages
Make money online, conclusion
There are two options for finding a job that you can do from home:
Work as an employee and look for job offers from companies
Work as a freelancer and propose yourself to companies in the sector
To find work online, you can:
– use job search websites, using the right keywords: “telecommuting”, “work from home”, “online work”, “remote work” etc.
– create a good Linkedin profile and try to build a network of contacts in your sector. You can also search for the available jobs using keywords
– use specific online job search portals, such as those listed below:
- Freelancer, a website with millions of users, with all types of work that can be done online, short or long term, at a fixed or hourly rate, and with many other features
- Peopleperhour, you can enter your services and/or view the available job offers, some at a fixed price, others where you can make a price suggestion
- Remote, website with offers for online jobs, specifying the candidate’s skills, required experience and preferences regarding location
- Fiverr, a site with job offers for freelancers in various fields
- Up Work, a very well-known site for all kinds of work that a freelancer can do from home
- Click Worker, offers remote jobs like writing, translating, research and data processing
- Amazon Mturk, you get paid for doing HITS (Human Intelligence Tasks). The payouts are minimal, but the time required to complete them is small
- Angelist, is an American platform where more than 25,000 startups are registered, posting job offersof all kinds. Many of these job openings are for telecommuting. You must first register and then go to the ‘Remote Job’ section
- Ziprecruiter, one of the web portals where you can find more telecommuting jobs.
- Remotive, a web portal that specializes exclusively in telecommuting jobs. Just select the category and start your search
- Powertofly, a website focused on women’s work. You can find opportunities to work from home by visiting the “Remote Works” section
- Flexjobs, posts (for a fee) hundreds of telecommuting jobs and is one of the most visited sites for finding work from home opportunities. It has also selected the 100 best companies for telecommuting from home
- Remoteok, through this website you have access to a very extensive and diverse list of opportunities to work from home: Design Service, Marketing, Engineering, HR Staffing, Writing, etc.
- Jobspresso, a web portal for finding telecommuting jobs anywhere in the world
- Workinnomads, a website where you can find a list of job opportunities for digital nomads. Connects professionals who want to work remotely with mostly digital companies
There’s something for all skill sets on these sites, and they are perfect if you need flexibility. In many cases, it is necessary to know the English language.