If you like to travel, see new places and have new experiences, working aboard an airplane as a cabin crew might be an interesting option for you. Due to the constant increase in the number of passengers and the opening of new routes, the demand for personnel such as stewardesses is always very high.
Requirements and skills
To become a flight attendant, you will need:
- high school diploma
- knowledge of english
- a minimum size that varies depending on the company
- eyesight 20/20
- be able to swim
- have no visible tattoos and/or piercings
- a class 2 airworthiness certificate
- cabin crew certificate (CCA), to obtain this certificate, without which it is impossible to work, you have two options:
- You can attend courses for flight attendants organized by schools and specialized agencies, and then take an exam. You will have to pay for the course yourself. (Several thousand dollars). This is one of the most famous schools for flight attendants – Meytaqui, located in Barcelona in Spain.
- Apply for a job, and if you are selected, the company will take care of the training and organize the (free) course to obtain the certificate.
Looking for a cabin crew job
To find a job, I recommend you attend airline hiring days. You can register online, and the “Recruitment Days” are held on different dates and in different cities, so once you choose the date and city, all you have to do is register and attend.
To find out when these “Recruitment Days” are held, you can use the search engine functions or search the websites of the different airlines.
Here are the links to the main low cost airlines that might interest you in finding a job as a flight attendant.
- Ryanair (Ireland), are conducted through crewlink, where you can sign up in the city of your interest
- Vueling (Spain)
- Easyjet (United Kingdom)
- Jet2com (United Kingdom)
- Southwest (United States)
- Norvegian (Norway)
- Pegasus (Turkey)
- Wizzair (Hungary)
- Eurowings (Germany)
- Flydubai (Dubai)
- Smartwings (Czechia)
- Airbaltic (Latvia)
- Volotea (Spain)
- Vamosair (Spain)
- Airnostrum (Spain)
List of websites of some of the most important airlines, where you can search for job offers, as a stewardess
- Iberia (Spain)
- British airways (United Kingdom)
- Alitalia (Italy)
- Lufthansa (Germany)
- Airfrance (France)
- Brussel airlines (Belgium)
- Swissair (Switzerland)
- Austrian (Austria)
- Turkish (Turkey)
- American airlines (United States)
- Ethiad (United Arab Emirates)
- Emirates (United Arab Emirates) for job offer as cabin crew member see recruitment day
- Qatarairways (Qatar)
Cabin crew tasks
Cabin management during the flight, resolution of problems, etc.
Passenger assistance during boarding, check-in in an orderly and fast manner, respecting take-off times. Help passengers find their seats and assist with any requests or needs during the boarding process.
Preparation for takeoff and landing, make sure all passengers are seated according to the rules and regulations. Communicate all safety information, rules and regulations to passengers prior to takeoff and ensure they are followed throughout the flight.
Serve food and drinks, during the flight, the stewardess attends the cabin offering passengers drinks, snacks and meals.
Cabin crew salaries
The salary of a flight attendant depends on the company and the work schedule, normally 80 hours per month. The salary starts from $1,500, depending on the level of experience and the duration of the flight. Then there are bonuses like free tickets, free flight insurance, etc.