The Balearic Islands (Spanish: Islas Baleares) are a group of islands in the western Mediterranean Sea. The capital is Palma de Mallorca, the official languages are Catalan and Spanish. The main islands are Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera. There are many who come to look for jobs in the Balearic Islands during the summer season.
The Balearic Islands are the second most important tourist destination in Spain, with more than 13 million visitors a year. More than 70% of the tourist presence is concentrated in Mallorca, with the rest spread across the rest of the islands. 30% of tourists are from Germany, followed by British (25%) and Spanish (18%) and then Italians, French etc.
Jobs in the Balearic Islands
For the job in the hospitality industry, below is a list of links to access job offers or to send your CV to hotels in Ibiza, Formentera, Mallorca and Menorca.
- Cabau Hotels, hotel chain with 8 hotels in the Balearic and Canary Islands
- Invisa Hotel, hotel chain with 4 hotels in Ibiza
- Insotel, a chain with 8 hotels in the Balearic Islands
- Hard Rock Hotel, hotel of the Hard Rock group, represented in Ibiza
- Garden Hotel, chain with 11 establishments in the Balearic IslandsPlayasol has 17 hotels in Ibiza and several residences
- Sirenis, has 6 hotels in Ibiza and others in the Caribbean
- Inturotel, chain of 6 hotels in the Balearic Islands
- Nikki Beach, famous chain of luxury beach clubs, also in Ibiza and Mallorca
- Hotel in Spain all the major Spanish hotel chains, many of which have facilities in the Balearic Islands
Another area that is most popular in Ibiza is the nightclubs. The jobs that can be done in a nightclub are: waiter, DJ, security, lighting engineer, sound engineer, receptionist, hostess, dancer, kitchen, public relations, bartender, photographer, etc. If you are already in Ibiza, you can go directly with your CV to the club, if you are abroad you have to communicate with the disco via the internet and find out about job offers.
Here are the links to the main clubs in Ibiza:
- Pacha, the first nightclub in Ibiza, still today one of the most glamorous on the island
- Space, is one of the best discs in Ibiza
- Amnesia, another excellent club
- Eden Ibiza, one of the largest nightclubs in Ibiza with capacity for more than 5,000 people
- Privilege, the biggest nightclub in the world
- esParadis, a very refined nightclub
This is just a list of the main clubs in Ibiza. There are many others where it is also possible to find work.
On the other hand, if you like working on boat parties, here are the links for you:
- Ibizaseaparty, leader in boat party organization
- Pukka, is the largest boat party organizer in the world. He started his business in Ibiza 13 years ago and has since grown worldwide. Host boat parties in some of the world’s most iconic venues. Its activity is still carried out mainly in Ibiza
If you want to work in the field of entertainment and animation, these are the two locations that interest you:
- Animajob, with job offers in Spain and Balearic Islands
- Entertainment, animation job offers in Spain and abroad
Job search in the Balearic Islands
To look for work on the islands, you can see these websites:
- Trabajar Ibiza,If your destination is just Ibiza or Formentera then take a look at this website specifically for job vacancies in these islands’
- Ibiza by Night, online newsletters, which includes information about the island’s nightlife. It has a section dedicated to vacancies where you can find vacancies and recruitment days from the different clubs and structures in Ibiza.
- CAIB, for finding a job and more, can be found in the offices of the Balearic Public Employment Service, which have offices spread over many cities on the different islands.
- SEPE, Spanish employment office that contains vacancies for the whole Spanish territory, therefore also for the Balearic Islands,
- Palma Activa, Municipality of Palma
- Tecnoempleo,offers in the IT sector in the Balearic Islands
- Domestica,, offers in the IT sector in the Balearic Islands
- COFIB,, vacancies in the pharmaceutical sector
- Diario de Ibiza,, employment section of the Diario de Ibiza that reports on job vacancies and job interview open days around the island
Working in the Balearic Islands can be an excellent idea. They are the second largest tourist destination in Spain with almost 14 million tourists a year. There is no shortage of vacancies in hospitality but also for related professions: maintenance technicians, refrigerators, drivers, marketing specialists, etc. Although the greatest demand is of course concentrated in the summer, it is not uncommon to find employment all year round to find.
Accommodation in the Balearic Islands
The big problem is finding accommodation and when it is found prices are very high due to a tight supply and strong demand. All indications are that prices will continue to rise, having now surpassed the all-time high of the 2007 brick “boom’ . Measures have also been taken, such as the ban on renting apartments to tourists in some areas of the islands, but not even this measure has stopped the rise in prices at the moment, which continue to rise by 20%. Per year.
So if you decide to move to these islands keep this issue in mind, find out on real estate sites how much a room might cost because if you have to spend half your salary on accommodation I don’t think it’s worth it. In any case, when you reply to a job offer, ask if accommodation will be provided or they will at least take care of the flat search.