A resource that should not be underestimated when looking for a job in Spain is the public employment offices. These are Sepe and the public services of the Autonomous Communities.
The Public Employment Service is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Social Security. Together with the Public Employment Services of the Autonomous Communities, it forms the National Employment System.
The SEPE consists of a large network of offices spread throughout the national territory. Here you can find job offers, employment counseling, training for employment, employment promotion programs, etc.
The SEPE offers support for:
- Workers, both unemployed and employed
- Entrepreneurs with a business idea
- Young people
Here you can find all the information about SEPE and the location of its offices in Spain.
2. Public Employment Services of the Autonomous Communities
In their offices you can find information about:
- Vocational guides: what to do if you don’t have a job, how to apply for a job, how to join youth lists, etc.
- Job offers, from the least qualified to the most qualified in the different sectors
- Training opportunities to improve job profile
- Access to work practices
- Labor mobility
- How to start a business as a freelancer
- How to access funding applications
I also advise you to contact these offices if you have a dispute with your employer or questions about employment. They will be able to advise you on what to do and how to do it.
You can find all the information you need on their websites:
- Servicio Andaluz de Empleo, present in all Andalusian cities
- IMFE, facebook imfe, related to the city of Málaga
- SOC, Employment Office of Barcelona and Catalonia
- Barcelona Activa, support for workers and entrepreneurs
- Agencia Empleo, public employment agency in Madrid
- Valencia Activa, public employment service of Valencia
- Impulsalicante, public employment service of Alicante
- REDES, Public Employment Service of Seville
- EUS, public employment office in Bilbao
- Servizio Canario de empleo, for all Canary Islands
- SOIB, public employment agency for all the Balearic Islands