Dubai is one of the cities with the best job opportunities in the world, offering many opportunities for qualified people in various fields such as architecture, finance, tourism, engineering, medicine, education, etc. Today we will analyze in detail the labor market in Dubai.
To work in Dubai and get a good salary, you need to have a college degree and be highly specialized.
Dubai is a place full of opportunities, but only for professionals. Interesting jobs are only available to qualified people who have a high level of professionalism combined with experience and advanced English.
Nearly 1,000 job seekers arrive in Dubai every day. There is no minimum wage here, so companies pay what you are really worth according to the law of supply and demand.
It follows that general jobs in this country are poorly paid. In fact, many of the people who do these jobs are Indian, Pakistani and Egyptian immigrants who do all kinds of unskilled work, with salaries ranging from €200 to €400 per month.
Therefore, if you do not have a degree and specialized training, emigration to Dubai it will be a difficult challenge.
By the way, I would like to point out an interesting report on working and living conditions of low income migrant workers in Dubai.
And even for skilled workers, times are getting tougher. Although skilled workers are always in demand, increased immigration has made it harder to get a job in an increasingly competitive market. The number of vacancies is expected to decline slightly in the future.
Most in-demand jobs in Dubai
The most demanded jobs are for professionals or managers specialized in different sectors. There are also many jobs for unskilled workers, (in construction, hospitality, etc.), but as mentioned above, they are poorly paid.
- Receptionist and hotel manager: in a city where tourism is highly developed, the profession of receptionist is in great demand given the large number of hotels
- Chefs: Dubai hosts some of the most prestigious hotels and restaurants in the world, so top chefs are also in demand
- Pilots and flight attendants: two major airlines are based in Dubai (Emirates Airlines and Etihad), so flight attendants are also in high demand
- Architects: There are some of the most spectacular buildings in the world and new ones are being built all the time. Professionals in this field have good opportunities
- Interior Designers: There is always a need for interior designers for renovations, furniture or decorations
- Call center agents with foreign language skills: Dubai is home to many multinational companies that maintain relationships with clients from all over the world
- Financial: Dubai is one of the most important business centers in the world, so professionals in the financial sector are in high demand. (Accountants, risk analysts, etc.).
- Corporate executives and administrative staff: Due to the establishment of new companies or multinational corporations, there is always a need for executives and administrative staff, especially with foreign language skills
- Personnel in the hotel and tourism sector: the strong development of the sector leads to a demand for all professionals in this field (bartenders, headwaiters, etc.)
- Health sector: to fill the places in the various existing health centers, the demand for health professionals is high (nurses, doctors, etc.)
- IT sector: many IT jobs are in high demand
- Construction sector: there are many job openings in this sector, from engineers to construction managers, from electricians to plumbers, from plumbers to air conditioning technicians
- Commercial sector: businessmen, marketing experts, etc.
- Engineers: mechanics, electronics, etc.
Jobs in Dubai, wages
The salaries that an expat can receive in Dubai are generally higher than in Europe, Asian and America, which means that a professional or specialist in a particular field can easily earn between $12,000 and $18,000 tax-free per month.
- General managers can earn an average monthly salary of $30,000
- Accountants: they can enjoy a monthly salary of $20,000
- Doctors: their salary also averages $20,000 per month
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers can earn an average salary of about $17,000 per month
- IT professionals – can have an average monthly income of $20,000
These numbers are for general reference only, as they may vary depending on the type of business or company you work for and the skills of the professional.
- Bricklayers and gardeners: $200-300
- Security guard or watchman: $400
- Call center worker with language skills: $1,500-2,500
- Hostess: $500-2,000
- Hotel receptionist: $500-2,000
- Babysitter or cleaning staff: $200-500
Note that while the cost of living in Dubai is quite high, due to the fact that there are no income taxes and other deductions from the government, the average salary is much higher than the salaries of workers in other countries.
Another factor to consider is the fact that salary levels can vary depending on the nationality of the worker. The highest paid workers in Dubai are expatriates from the United States and British, who earn more than the rest of Europeans, who are ahead of Asians. The foreigners who earn the least based on their nationality are Pakistanis and Indians,
Income ranking by nationality:
- Western Europeans
- Latin Americans
In addition to the salary, companies usually offer a number of additional benefits, which are usually the following:
- Health insurance that covers medical expenses for the adults and minors in the family
- Insurance that covers dental expenses
- A flight home once a year for the employee and sometimes for the whole family
- Many business relocators also provide a car, as the distances in Dubai are considerable and the lack of sidewalks makes the roads difficult to pass.
- A relocation package that should cover relocation costs 25 days of vacation, which can vary depending on the company
- Contribution to the cost of rent
- Other benefits that can be negotiated directly with the company
Labor market in Dubai, requirements to work
If you want to work in Dubai, first of all you must be a professional suitable for the job you are applying for.
In addition, you must have a good command of English, as this is essential for communication.
You must have a valid work visa. You will usually receive the work visa once you have been hired. The company that hired you will take care of the whole process of obtaining the visa and will determine how long you will work in Dubai.
Often, companies finalize their contracts online, interviews are conducted via Skype, and the companies take care of the visa procedures and pay for the outbound ticket as well.
Finding good jobs in Dubai
You can find work in Dubai through the internet, since there are many websites where you can look for job offers. In this regard I suggest you read the article: related to work in Dubai, published on the blog.
It is very important that when you are looking for a job through the internet, pay close attention to the websites used because there are many scams.
It would be essential to have a contact who is already working in a company in your industry. So if you want to increase your chances of getting a job in Dubai, I recommend looking for a person who can refer you within the company to make it easier to find a job.
Another important point to get a job in Dubai is your resume. If your resume contains interesting information and is well structured, you are more likely to be invited for an interview.