The Journées Québec, working in Quebec, are organized by the Government of Québec in collaboration with:
- International Center Montreal
- International Center Quebec
- Drummondville Society for Economic Development
- Local partners: Pôle Emploi, Forem and Actiris
Its slogan is: Do you want to work while enjoying life? Then choose Québec, a region on a human scale, characterized by its European character, its exceptional quality of life and its high level of security.
If you are a resident or citizen of the European Union, Schengen Area or United Kingdom, this hiring initiative is for you. In fact, many companies in Québec are looking for French-speaking candidates for jobs in various sectors of the economy.
The application period for these job postings runs from Monday, April 3 to Sunday, May 21, 2023, and interviews will be held from Monday, June 12 to Friday, June 16, 2023.
Registration for the event is completely free, interviews are conducted online, the only condition is that applicants have experience in the position for which they want to apply.
These offers, aimed exclusively at citizens or residents of the European Union and the Schengen area, refer to about fifty Quebec companies seeking personnel in the following areas:
- Administration, insurance and finance
- Engineering (construction, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and automation)
- Health and social services
- Natural and applied sciences
- Educational child care services
- Information Technology
- Transportation and Logistics
Applications for job openings must be submitted between April 3 and May 21, 2023.
If a company is interested in your application, you will receive an email with the subject line: Invitation to interview. You must accept this invitation by Wednesday, June 7, 2023. You will then receive an email confirming your interview and containing all the information about the interview process.
If you do not receive invitations, it means that no company is interested in your profile. However, it is possible to participate again in the next Journées Québec, which are held every year, since the companies and the offers change in each edition.
Working in Quebec: the procedure
How to check job offers?
Vacancies related to the Journées Québec in Europe will be posted on this website.
How to submit your application?
- First of all, you need to consult all the job offers on the Internet
- Click on the “Apply” button
- Create a new user
- Follow the instructions to create your account
- Create your profile
- Complete your profile with your skills and abilities
- Register for : Quebec Europe days
- Indicate the dates you are available for interviews
- Submit your application online in French
After you have submitted your application, you can take a look at the frequently asked questions to find out about the selection process, announcements, processing times and other important information.
Why working in Quebec?
Moving to another country is a big step, but that’s what you gain when you go to Canada, to Quebec.
Here is a summary of what you will find in this fabulous Canadian region:
- A world of equal work, characterized by a strong team spirit
- The official language spoken by all is French
- Work-life balance is firmly embedded in the culture of local companies, allowing employees to achieve a good work-life balance.
- All of Québec is surrounded by large green spaces and vast, beautiful nature reserves where you can immerse yourself in nature.
If you want to know more about the working world in Canada, I recommend reading the article: How to work in Canada
On the other hand, if you want to know all aspects of a possible move to Canada, you should read the article: How to move to Canada