The Canary Islands form a large archipelago of seven larger islands and other smaller islets, all of volcanic origin, located in the Atlantic Ocean off the northwest coast of Africa. They are one of the places in Spain most visited by tourists all year round, thanks to their mild climate. That is why many people look for jobs in the Canary Islands.
The main islands are:
- Tenerife (capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
- Fuerteventura (capital Puerto del Rosario)
- Gran Canaria (capital Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)
- Lanzarote (capital Arrecife)
- La Palma (capital Santa Cruz de la Palma)
- La Gomera ( Capital San Sebastián de la Gomera)
- El Hierro (Capital Valverde)
Jobs in the Canary Islands
Considering that tourism is the main source of the economy of the islands, the hospitality industry offers a good employment opportunity, e.g : waiters, receptionists, security guards, entertainers, drivers, cooks, administrative staff, nursing staff, entertainers and many other professionals revolving around this sector.
If you want to work in entertainment and animation, these are two sites for you: Animajob and Entertainment. The first relates to job offers in Spain, the second also outside of Spain. In any case, both contain many offers in the Canary Islands.
These are some links where you can see job offers or send your CV to hotels in the Canary Islands
- Dunas Hotel, a chain with 4 hotels in Gran Canaria
- Spring Hotels, hotel chain with 3 hotels in Tenerife
- Hotel Hovima, hotel chain with 6 structures in the Canary IslandsIslands
- Cabau Hotels, hotel chain with 8 facilities in the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands
- Work in Spanish hotels: list of the main hotel chains present in Spain, with many structures also in the Canary Islands
Also point out the Anfi Group, founded in Gran Canaria, which is the main livelihood company in the multi-property regime in Europe.
Job search in Canary Islands
Here are some specific job search sites in Canary Islands:
- Ashotel, vacancies in hotels in Canary Islands
- Lpg, website that collects vacancies in Canary Islands
- Nexo, special agency for job search in Canary Islands
- Employment Santa Cruz, municipal website of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, log in to access a significant amount of job offers, always updated
- Infoisla, website that contains job offers for Gran Canaria and the other islands of the archipelago
These are the employment agencies present in Gran Canaria, from whose websites you can access all the vacancies available on the islands:
- Emplea, Las Palmas, C/ Rafael Cabrera 26, 1º Office 5
- Adecco, Las Palmas, C/ General Más de Gaminde, 8
- Personal Siete, San Bartolomé de Tirajana, C/ Plácido Domingo, nº 10
- Randstad, Las Palmas, C/ Presidente Alvear 6
- Manpower Team, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, C/ León y Castillo, 431
Other help, to Find a job and more at the employment office of the Canary Islands, which, in addition to job offers, also offers all the information about the world of work on the various islands.
The Canary Islands are the third largest tourist destination in Spain, with 13 million visitors a year. With its temperate climate all year round, the presence of tourists is spread throughout the year, offering important opportunities for permanent employment. As in the Balearic Islands and the rest of Spain, rental costs are constantly rising and high demand makes finding accommodation a problem to face.